[CREATE] Short words

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Tue Jul 6 01:00:24 PDT 2010

for those of us in new zealand & australia, these kinds of prices &
lengths of trip are absolutely normal for getting to international
conferences (or for stopping us from getting to conferences!). i imagine
that for most people in vietnam it's even more out of reach. this is how
it is to be on the financial &/or geographic periphery.

sometimes it's good for the centre to go to the periphery for a change.
i'm not sure why the LGM would be more ready to do this in 2012 than
next year, but if it's not going to happen next year then why not make a
decision now for 2012 as well? we can all start saving ...

h : )

> Here are some figures that are worth to be considered. A long trip
> with a short window for most of the developers and a considerable
> amount of money. The trip to Vietnam (and back) is 1 stop when not 2
> stops.
>
> Montreal > 1600 CAD > 37 hours
> Boston > 1800 CAD > 24 hours
> Dallas > 1800 CAD > 35 hours
> New York > 1900 CAD > 20 to 25 hours
> San Francisco > 1300 CAD > 26 hours
> London UK > 1200 - 1700 CAD > 16 - 22 hours
> Paris > 1400 - 1800 CAD > 16 hours
> Berlin > 1100 - 1500 CAD > 16 hours
> Zurich > 1300 CAD > 26 hours
> Sao Paulo > 2900 - 3000 CAD > 29 to 45 hours
> Moscow > 1300 CAD > 20 to 25 hours
> Oslo > 1300 CAD > 20 hours
> Copenhague > 1300 CAD > 17 hours
> Amsterdam > 1400 CAD > 17 hours
>
> Prices and duration of trip taken from expedia.com <http://expedia.com/>

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
helen at creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.avatarbodycollision.org
http://www.upstage.org.nz