[CREATE] LGM2010: Stuff that you liked and stuff not

ricardo lafuente bollecs at sollec.org
Mon May 31 12:42:21 PDT 2010

Adding to what has been said:

Things i loved:
- Little details that made this feel less like a tech conference: not
being in a (technical) university, aprons instead of t-shirts, funky
badges with wacky 'roles', carefully chosen menu that respected most
culinary sensibilities (life's easier when you eat creatures)
- Smaller and more specific BOF's like Inkscape Power Stroke, where user
feedback regarding a possible interface for a nascent tool was welcomed,
this was a thrilling experience for me
- General absence of all kinds of "bad" situations (good organisation
tends to be invisible :-)
- *Great* tech support for the talks. I don't know the name of the tech
guy, but he's got my unconditional love. Everything worked (afaics)
- LGM Magazine -- publishing sprints work well
- Video interviews, i'm dying to see the result

Things that could be made better next year:
- Real-life bug that affected quite a few people, my throat is still
sore (where can i report it?)
- Contact microphones would allow speakers to move better and avoid the
hand-on-mike pose -- that would have the added effect of making the
recordings look like TED talks ;o)
- Live blogging by a dedicated team?