[CREATE] Code of Conduct

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 09:42:10 PST 2014

2014/1/20 S.Kemter <sirko.kemter at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Nope it hasnt, some here on the list wanted to discuss an CoC furthermore,
> some even wanted to take a vote on it. I feel since days ignored because
> the discussion went on. The only one who can have a problem with it, is
> from my point of view is Louis, because he has to take it to PSF an look if
> they can agree to that solution.

Hi Sirko,

I would like to follow up on your suggestion about the CoC and its variant
being the measures already in place at the university of Leipzig.

I believe we can expose the situation clearly to the PSF board and let them
know about the situation.

I apologize for the misundersanting. I missed your point at first but now,
reading this over and with this email, I understand and fully agree.
So, correct me if I am wrong, what I understand is we could plead the fact
that for this year’s LGM we’re going to go by the rules of the university
of Leipzig, which is our host. So, we’ll ask PSF if being at a German
university, with its strong social equity laws, and the constant in-person
presence of the University's "Gleichstellungsbeauftragten" staff, will meet
their requirements for a CoC in order to get their funding.

I am completely comfortable with that and I think it is a fair solution.
Especially considering the fact that the CoC we would vote and even if we
picked one that already exists is too short on deadline for it to be
reviewed by the administrators at the University, also considering that for
them there would be no point since they already have strong rules and we
must — as LGM organizers — comply with the rules of our host.

On top of that, we can explain PSF people that the LGM community is going
to gather at the LGM to discuss that subject and reach a decision for the
years to come. Basically, from the stand point of PSF, we have 2014 covered
and we’re preparing 2015 and further.

I put reasonable faith in the process and its positive outcome. I trust
that people at PSF will lend us a comprehensive ear. Of course, the
decision is theirs.

I hope I got things right and if anything don’t hesitate to correct me!

Cheers!

Louis