[CREATE] an interesting development?

Camille Bissuel camille at nylnook.com
Wed Jun 4 02:34:48 PDT 2014

Ok, I read too quickly...

I was thinking to OpenSubdiv for example
http://www.blendernation.com/2014/05/12/pixars-opensubdiv-coming-soon-to-blender/
https://github.com/PixarAnimationStudios/OpenSubdiv

but it's apache licensed, not the same.

Here is the official annoucement :
http://renderman.pixar.com/view/25946
and the EULA :
http://renderman.pixar.com/view/ncr-eula

Which say :
3. *No Modifications or Reverse Compilation*. END USER MAY NOT MODIFY,
TRANSLATE, DISASSEMBLE, REVERSE ENGINEER, DECOMPILE OR CREATE DERIVATIVE
WORKS BASED ON THE PIXAR SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION OR ANY COPY, IN WHOLE OR
IN PART.

So, no code, no reverse engenering. False alert ...

Have a nice day nevertheless...

Camille

*Nylnook*

*Illustration et formation*1480 route de Corréo
05 400 La Roche-des-Arnauds
04 88 03 57 51
06 75 25 90 39
http://www.nylnook.com <http://nylnook.com>