[CREATE] Last round of comments: LGM Code of Conduct

Brendan Howell brendan+soc at howell-ersatz.com
Wed May 21 05:20:02 PDT 2014

This is excellent!  Two small things that stood out to me:

On 05/19/2014 12:05 PM, Femke Snelting wrote:
> In case you think these things do not happen:
> http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_incidents

While this is a great resource, I don't think it belongs in the CoC.  It
sounds glib and defensive.  A document like this Code does not need to
justify its own existence.  Also, it shifts the narrative point of view
from being the group to "you".

> - For Participants: Feel safe. Participants know that if we experience
> something that we are not comfortable with, our concerns will be taken
> seriously - and that help is available.
> - For Organisers: Feel sure. Organisers know the standard to which the
> LGM community holds itself, and what to do when an issue arises.
I would suggest changing "feel sure" to "confidence".  "Sure" sounds
kind of vague to my American ears.

Thanks for your hard work putting this together!

-Brendan

--
http://wintermute.org/brendan