[CREATE] Relearn 2015, call for participation!

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Sun Jun 14 02:51:15 PDT 2015

http://relearn.be

Relearn is a summerschool which welcomes persons, artists, students, teachers from all backgrounds and disciplines. Participants will gather to learn from and teach to each other, beyond the traditional paradigms of education.
Free, Libre and Open Source Software plays a fundamental role at Relearn, as it facilitates a different approach to the tools we commonly use in our practices and lives. For instance, it can allow us to understand the influence that tools themselves exert on the way they are used, or the different social relations and economies that are formed between who creates and uses them. Such a questioning approach to technology feels urgent, in a time in which more and more social, political and personal issues are addressed by solely technological means.
In continuation with the previous editions, Relearn will research convivial, experimental and deviant methods and means in the fields of design, computing and education, challenging the normal roles and separations in them (teacher/student, developer/user, art/life...).

On the website you can find additional information on some of the topics and sessions that will be part of the summerschool.

You are welcome to join Relearn from the 20th of August till the 25th. It will take place in Bruxelles, at Zinneke (http://zinneke.org).

To participate, please send an e-mail to registration at relearn.be before July 1st, including a few lines about your interest in the summer school, what you want to bring, what you hope to find.