DBUS and Wine ?

Seth Nickell seth@gnome.org
07 Oct 2003 17:06:49 -0700

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 11:51, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 14:40, Evalet Olivier wrote:
> > I'm studying DBUS to bridge Wine COM services for Linux.
>
> Are you sure you want an IPC mechanism rather than a component system
> like UNO or XPCOM?

To be fair, DBus isn't purely an IPC mechanism but has aspects of a
component system, or at least a remote object system. Esp. with the
inclusion of activation and the idea of interfaces its starting to be
more and more like a component system (its not one, but it does have
many aspects of one compared to "pure" IPC).

-Seth