dbus-send error

Anthony Metcalf anthony.metcalf at anferny.ath.cx
Tue Mar 30 05:52:28 PST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:34:35 +0200
Owen Fraser-Green <owen at discobabe.net> wrote:

> dbus-send --type=method_call --print-reply
> --dest='org.freedesktop.DBus'/org/freedesktop/DBus
> org.freedesktop.DBus.ServiceExists
> string:'org.freedesktop.ExampleService'
This gives:

root at anferny root # dbus-send --type=method_call --system --print-reply
--dest='org.freedesktop.DBus' /org/freedesktop/DBus
org.freedesktop.DBus.ServiceExists
string:'org.freedesktop.ExampleService' method return;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus int32:0
root at anferny root #

I take it that worked? and that the int32:0 returned means that
org.freedesktop.ServiceExists is false? and so doesn't exist. I would
assume a service that exists would give a 1?

Thanks I guess that means that dbus is working. I don't see anything in
dbus monitor though, that's running in another vt (hence the use of
--system).

Thanks.

Anthony