How to discover introspection toplevel objects

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Tue Jan 24 15:25:36 PST 2006

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 23:40 +0100, Tako Schotanus wrote:
>

>>I think you should too ;-)
>>
>>Not sure if it is actually like that now, it has been a while since I
>>tried but back then none of the freedesktop objects themselves
>>implemented introspection.
>>
>>What I wondered is: can we expect that for 1.0 all freedesktop objects
>>implement introspection. And in the way that you can get at all the
>>child objects too?
>>

>No, you can not expect it.  This is because there is no way to
>autogenerate introspection when using low level dbus calls.

I understand, I wasn't talking about auto-generating, what I meant was:
can we expect our beloved dbus-develoeprs to at least implement
introspection for all their objects thereby leading by example? :-D

That way anyone _not_ implementing will hopefully starting feeling bad
enough to do so afterall, or am I being naive?

Cheers,
 -Tako