How to discover introspection toplevel objects

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 16:43:46 PST 2006

Tako Schotanus wrote:
> I understand, I wasn't talking about auto-generating, what I meant was:
> can we expect our beloved dbus-develoeprs to at least implement
> introspection for all their objects thereby leading by example? :-D
>
> That way anyone _not_ implementing will hopefully starting feeling bad
> enough to do so afterall, or am I being naive?
>
> Cheers,
> -Tako

I'd like to hope that:

a) all of the bindings supported by D-Bus upstream are fully featured
enough to support introspection

b) all of the bindings supported by D-Bus upstream are fully featured
enough that people can use them for whatever they want, and aren't
forced to use the low-level bindings for some things, negating the
benefit of (a)

I would make both of these a criteria to call a binding "1.0". In some
cases, we have a bit more to do.

Regards,
Rob