dbus-glib - removing the generated bus method wrappers

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Jul 26 07:30:34 PDT 2006

Matthew Johnson wrote:
> The use case is someone reading the API (which I think should be
> generated from the XML then rendered in some fashion, or just reading
> the XML equivelently) to implement a server or a client and not having
> to founder around because there are no docs (which I've done several
> times with dbus apps). Having a way to provide a short description
> easily with your introspection data will help enormously in getting
> people to actually write these.

Even if we say OK, the docs are in the introspection data xml (which
does still raise the issue of how it gets there if not hand-writing said
xml), the problem I brought up remains though - what format are the docs
in? Are we inventing our own format? Is it "plain text"? How does one
correctly display these docs?