OLPC and .service files in a users home directory

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 15:44:38 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 14:23 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> The homedir stuff and using XDG locations looks like a small fix if we
> can agree on the way we want to expose it.

I went ahead and did the variable substitution method here.  Special
characters need to be escaped so I had to change some of the valid
config files to escape their & entities.  This is a half of a patch.
I still need to deal with multiple directories in an atomic fashion.  If
there is a consensus that xdg_relative="true" attribute is the better
way to go then I can change the patch accordingly.  The only issue I
have with xdg_relative="true" is that the system bus would be looking
in /.local/dbus-1/service for no reason once we have activation there.
I have an issue with sensitive services running through useless code
even if it is just paranoia.