[ANNOUNCE] D-Bus 1.1.4 (1.2.0RC2) -

Suraj Barkale suraj at barkale.com
Fri Jan 25 07:12:44 PST 2008

Hi All,
Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at ...> writes:

> and there are still some open patches
>
> One additional issue raised in the meantime is that the code does not
> have any import/export decorations, which is required to build a shared
> dbus library with msvc.
> Currently a def file is used for linking.
>
> It may also be that the dbus git and the windbus svn are out sync. It
> will be probably required to update the win32 related stuff from the
> windbus svn.

    I wish to work on windbus. I don't have any significant C experience. And I
am completely confused at this point on how to build dbus on windows.I am
currently going through the mailing list archive, dbus git and windbus svn.
Iguess I would have to combine the patches above with the patch submitted by
Olivier.
    Now that it is painless to setup git on windows[1]; can we maintain windbus
as a branch in main dbus git repository? It would do away with all the
patchfiles & make it simple to keep in sync with trunk.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/

Regards,
Suraj