org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon May 12 09:22:13 PDT 2008

Avery Pennarun wrote:
>On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Robert Rawlins
>
><robert_rawlins at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > Right, in the C API it's dbus_bus_add_match() and it would typically
>> > be done to "subscribe" to a signal.
>>
>>  Ok, well that helps narrow down the issue. I've used the python API
>> plenty in the past and not come across this issue before so am fairly
>> confident its not a bug on the library. I'll reassess my code and do
>> some more thorough testing.
>>
>>  Thing is, the application doesn't actually crash when the error
>> occurs, it carries on running no trouble at all, just the connection
>> to that particular instance which drops out after the exception is
>> thrown.
>
>Probably you could use dbus-monitor to track the add_match messages,
>then step through your application to figure out which part you run
>that causes an add_match to get sent.

Any news on that front?

Someone has just reported a similar issue to me (LimitsExceeded) and I am
quite sure it has no more than 50 match rules added, which is about 0.1%
of the limit.

It seems like there's something wrong in the deamon.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358