Dbus activation not working

Cliff McDiarmid cliffhanger at gardener.com
Thu Apr 9 14:43:09 PDT 2009

Hi

My dbus(1.1.12) activation isn't working on my system(redhat).

Basically, for a start, it looks like dbus-daemon
itself isn't correctly seeing the wpa_supplicant service's system bus
activation file.  For some reason after using dbus-send I get:

Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The
name fi..epitest.hostap.WPASupplicant was not provided by any
..service files

although the file definitely exists.

NetworkManager tries to start the system settings service with D-Bus
service activation, but it fails to work, NM just hangs.

I don't expect any great insight into what's going on because I understand this is difficult to debug, but my main question is:

Is Dbus the only package that could be responsible for this problem?

thanks

MAC

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!