Thread problem causing some calls to hang for 25

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Jun 10 03:28:30 PDT 2010

Em Quinta-feira 10 Junho 2010, às 11:02:54, Ralf Habacker escreveu:
> Thiago Macieira schrieb:

> >> Done.
> >>
> >> Sorry for the delay, I was away for the past two days on a workshop.
> >
> > Actually, Ralf did it.
> >
> > But in doing so, he also merged D-Bus 1.3 into the dbus-1.2 branch.
>
> you are refering to the following patches ?
>
> 3 days    Fixed compiler warnings.
> 3 days    Minor include file fix.
> 3 days    Keep in sync with autotools.
> 3 days    Keep in sync with autotools.
>
> The should do not have any bad side effect
>
> git is sometime hard to understand - I applied the patch to the master
> branch first, then switched to the dbus-1.2 branch with  'git branch
> dbus-1.2', run 'git checkout -f' to be sure that there are no local
> changes and checked the log with 'git log', which shown nothing wrong.
> Then I applied the patch with git am <patchname> and did 'git push' - is
> there something wrong with this sequence ?

Yes.

You apply the patch only to the lowest branch where it makes sense. That
branch is merged to the next branch, then sequentially until master is
reached,

However, your description doesn't show the error.

Yet the commit cd815c347a279f324e5025fcda71a16ad9b08c7d (Fixed compiler
warnings.) is in both master and dbus-1.2.

From what I can tell, 01ae2cb79376acb65b876c6620477fde86e6ef12 is the first bad
commit. It should have been in master only, but it exists in both branches.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358