export application command line arguments to DBUS

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 03:32:38 PDT 2010

On 25/10/10 09:23, Giacomo wrote:
> I would like to export to DBus my application command line arguments.
> In this way a client app of the
> DBus server can retrieve the arguments of another app (App1) via the
> DBus session bus, instead of querying
> the application App1 direclty.

The bus doesn't actually know anything about services' objects. When you
‘register’ an object in your application, you're just telling your D-Bus
client library about it, not the bus. D-Bus introspection is just
another interface, so when you're introspect App1 you are querying it
directly.

Why don't you want to do that? :)

Regards,

--