Being interested in NameOwnerChanged for a namespace, not one name

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Wed Sep 15 07:19:19 PDT 2010

On Wed, 15.09.10 14:02, Will Thompson (will.thompson at collabora.co.uk) wrote:

> My vague objection to this is that right now people just assume
> AddMatch won't fail; but this change would only make it possibly
> fail in new code that uses arg0prefix. And the bindings can provide
> convenience API that does the fallback for you, so we'll only have
> to get this right in about 5 places. :)

Hmm, I don't think this is a real problem, as long as the place where
people learn about the arg0prefix syntax also has a big warning sign
telling them to verify the 'error' parameter of dbus_bus_add_match() if
they care about compatibility with old D-Bus implementations.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.