Qt Peer to Peer DBus connection

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 06:17:24 PST 2012

On terça-feira, 20 de novembro de 2012 13.33.45, Tim Sander wrote:
> Hi
>
> With the qt 4.8. release there is some peer to peer dbus functionality i
> would like to try. The dbus version i am using is 1.4.16.
>
> I tried to use it in creating a socket like that:
> QDBusServer m_dbusServer(QLatin1String("unix:path=/tmp/testsocket"),this)
>
> The socket is created the lastError() function returns "other"?
>
> Then i try to connect to this socket.
> QDBusConnection dc =
> QDBusConnection::connectToPeer("unix:path=/tmp/testsocket","fwconfig");
> QDBusError::errorString(dc.lastError().type()); //gives other
> Sending over the dc connection then fails with empty error string in the
> sent message.
>
> Any hints whats wrong ?

There was a problem with QDBusServer since it was introduced and it was fixed
on Qt 4.8.4 only (about to be released).

I'll need you to try again with that release or try the newest 4.8 from Git.
Or you may try to simply re-apply the fix:
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/commit/9b4bd98744623f81b7b0950e207209f0c19adb46

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358