Fwd: Results of the freedesktop summit

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Wed Apr 17 10:23:14 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

> What I don't understand is why you were presenting that during the fd.o
> summit, before presenting it to the D-Bus community.

There was no "presentation" at all, we talked with Ryan without any
specific agenda, most of the others left the room after 20 minutes to
go for food. The focus was the payload layout when passing the kernel
regarding GVariant; nothing too D-Bus specific.

> Not even to post the link
> to where you were developing the code.

There is nothing to discuss at the moment. It's an experimental
lowest-level kernel experiment, we ourselves have no idea where we
will end up with.

It has almost nothing to do with "D-Bus" at this moment, it is more
about passing of resources form one linux process to the other, and
that is almost entirely only kernel work and nothing else.

It can all be discussed to no end when we are ready and confident
things can work out;before that, people can look at stuff, it's all
public, but not expect anything from us we don't even know ourselves.

Kay