Fwd: Results of the freedesktop summit

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Wed Apr 17 12:11:49 PDT 2013

On Wed, 17.04.13 11:57, Thiago Macieira (thiago at kde.org) wrote:

> On quarta-feira, 17 de abril de 2013 18.58.42, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > Well, this was mostly to get Ryan up to speed. But sure, I'll ask
> > everybody else to leave the room next time, when we talk this through
> > with Ryan, if that's what you want.
>
> Sorry about the misunderstanding. I was led to believe it was a presentation,
> which would beg the question why it would be suitable for them and not for us.
> I stand corrected.

We used a projector, because it's nicer to look at projector if three
people look at the same code. But we only showed a header file, there
were no slides.

It was kdbus.h basically what we showed on the projector, as you find it
in the git repo. You are welcome to look at it as much as you want
there, it's totally 'suitable' for everybody, even for minors!

> > If you are pissed that we didn't include you in these face-to-face
> > discussions, then maybe you should think about attending too, the next
> > time? AFAIK you were invited to the meeting...
>
> I'm not pissed. I was simply trying to understand what was going on. As you
> can see, I had a lot of misunderstandings because nothing has been
> communicated to the D-Bus developers. That's what drove my
> frustration.

Jeez. There was no point in doing that... It was a meeting of a few
hackers. Full stop.

OK, i have enough of this, I am not going to respond to this anymore.

> I still think you guys could have communicated better with us -- twice this
> topic has come up and it's been because other people elsewhere, on other lists
> and forums, have brought it up. A lot could have been avoided by a proactive
> email here or there.

yeah, an i responded every time that there isn't much to see, and that's
even written like that explicitly in README in the repo.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.