Changing DBUS FileManager1 to Krusader

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Sat Jan 2 18:45:20 UTC 2021

Hi Thiago -

I will endeavour to connect with the Krusader and Gwenview teams.  It might be difficult as I suspect they are really just one part of the KDE team.  And your comment about holidays is a good one.  I am perhaps not patient enough, though it has been nearly a week.  There is an old "Far Side" cartoon that shows two buzzards on a tree branch.  One says to the other "Patience my ***!  I'm gonna kill something!"

I tried your suggestion about creating a file in ~/.local/share/dbus-1/services.  It works like a charm!  For now I have set it to launch Dolphin.  I am more familiar with Krusader, but Dolphin can be made into a two-pane file manager.  Dolphin is also designed for KDE whereas Nautilus is for Gnome.  I have a few Gnome applications but never use it as my desktop.

My note about having changed the default file browser in System Settings and in xdg comes from a comment I had the last time I tried to chase this down.  Someone told me to make the changes there and it would work for DBUS calls.  It does not, as you note, but I wanted to short-circuit anyone who might be tempted to offer the same advice.

Thanks!

--
Bill Gee