Automated adoption of devkit-power latencies

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 05:34:59 PST 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 18:46 +0100, Harald Hoyer wrote:
>> How about a totally dynamic latency, which grows as soon as network
>> traffic per hour decreases and the other way round.
>
> I'm not sure. I just know we have to build the framework so that other
> much clever people than me can build policy that Lets Them Do What They
> Want (tm).
>
> The key is making the interface definition simple enough for people to
> use without trawling through docs, and complete enough that it allows
> them to express complex monitoring.

Thanks a lot Richard. And from what i've seen so far in devkit-power
it's exactly moving in the right direction. I've taken a look at the
current API for latency support and the latest revision looks already
great. I'll be going over it over the weekend in more detail, but David
already did a great job on that with a lot more background info about
dbus than i have.

Regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Team Lead Core Services      | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111