Keyboard Backlight Support

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 04:09:47 PDT 2010

On 30 September 2010 12:07, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
> I already mailed the list with the same question some time ago. See:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.devicekit.devel/468

Right. I'm still not sure keyboard backlight deserves it's own
project, and system process. Adding an interface on upower is a few
hundred lines of code, although I agree it's a slippery slope to
HALdoom.

> You'd need to create a separate daemon for that, though you could
> probably get the code in upower's repo, and have the front-end service
> in gnome-power-manager, if Richard doesn't mind.

Of course, we can hook up events either in gnome-power-manager or
gnome-settings-daemon.

Richard.