Handling of the e1000e bug

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 26 08:48:16 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 10:55 +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> It's nothing super major, but the wording could be slightly better
> (although I suspect that the in the context of the reader, this extra
> information is most likely implied).

The people reading it as they deal with the package in gentoo may get
the implication, but people who see the text forwarded to some news
agency or forum, or lug list may not put 2 and 2 together, and instead
run off with ZOMG ALL ZE KERNELS ARE BAD!!!  This leads to tonnes of
people filing bugs against us or posting to our news groups or forums
asking why we're so irresponsible as to offer "2.6.27" kernels.

It's not like I haven't been to this rodeo a few times before (:

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!