Fixing package descriptions

Ben Finney ben+freedesktop at benfinney.id.au
Tue Nov 9 12:48:15 PST 2010

"Jorge O. Castro" <jorge at ubuntu.com> writes:

> I was made aware that openSUSE and Debian were also interested in
> improving these descriptions, so I thought I'd start a thread on what
> efforts each distribution has made in this area and if there's any
> places where we could share work on this as there's plenty of overlap
> here. Thanks!

You may be aware of the guidelines in the Debian Developer's Reference
<URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-pk>
<URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-pkg-synopsis>
<URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-pkg-desc>.

We also have an unofficial guide to “English for Software Localisation”
<URL:http://www.xibalba.demon.co.uk/jbr/linux/esl.html> from our
tireless ‘debian-l10n-english’ resident, Justin B. Rye.

--
 \       “Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a |
  `\    religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.” |