Adding AppData files for frameworks

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 11:02:00 UTC 2016

On 8 January 2016 at 10:50, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> wrote:
>>  * frameworks never seem to be marked as "current" (is that a bug, or
>> by design?)
> This is not a useful concept for runtimes

Okay thanks.

>>   <project_license>GPL-2.0+</project_license>
>
> This is tricky. The runtime is a combination of many licenses. What
> should it show? All? The major ones? None? "Various"?

Wel, gnome-software needs to decide if it's free or non-free so we can
label it in the UI. "Various" is going to be understood as nonfree by
the parser if it's not a valid SPDX license ID. I think it's a pain,
but I think listing them all is the only way to go here, legally.

> I can just put it in the gnome-sdk-image git repo:
> Gnome people should be able to translate it there, no?

Sure thing! We'd need something similar for the freedesktop one too I guess.

Richard