Preparing for a stable branch of flatpak

Allan Day allanpday at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 16:29:48 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 November 2016 at 16:20, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > My spontaneous reaction is that .flatpakrepo and .flatpakref are just
> fine
>
> Me too; long exensions are supported for a very long time on all the
> major operating systems and not very unusual these days.

I don't see long file names in use anywhere. To me the length looks quite
unusual.

And the real question is: how do these filenames appear to users who have
never heard of flatpak before, don't know what "ref" means in the context
of "flatpakref", etc? I rather dislike exposing implementation details like
this.

Allan