[Fontconfig] Filtering set of available fonts

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Aug 21 10:15:01 EST 2004

Around 17 o'clock on Aug 16, Owen Taylor wrote:

> So, I was trying to figure out how to exclude bitmap fonts when
> selecting fonts for printing, and my first thought was to
> do, effectively

Hmm.  Are you sure you want the fonts selected for printing to be
different from the fonts selected for the screen?  Wouldn't you rather let
the user de-select bitmap fonts for all environments?

I have a plan for this which involves configuration file extensions...

I can't think of an alternative which doesn't involve some kind of reject
list in the FcFontSort API.

-keith