[Fontconfig] Japanese Fallback Setup

Ciprian Popovici ciprian at zuavra.net
Tue Feb 10 02:27:37 EST 2004

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:15:58 +0100 Simon Brenner <simon.brenner at home.se>
wrote:
> Now, the problem is: all the japanese characters are painfully small
> compared to tahoma - so I'd like to make the japanese font twice as
> large or something, compared to tahoma (i.e. whenever a character from
> Kochi Mincho is used, the size is doubled or something)
>
> Is this possible to accomplish? How would I do it?

The way I'm thinking is to match on Kochi Mincho and on the the size as being
smaller than a certain value that you deem as the minimal for you confort. If
the condition is true then you can override the size with your minimal desired
value. Of course, this won't perform dynamic adjustment on the size, it will
just establish a minimal threshold, similar to what you can achieve in a
browser like Mozilla. Sorry, I'm not exactly a fontconfig conf wiz so I can't
produce an example.

--
Ciprian Popovici