[Fontconfig] Patch to recognize PostScript weight "Demi"

John Stracke francis+dated+1092501130.f8a147 at thibault.org
Tue Feb 17 03:32:09 EST 2004

I noticed that fontconfig 2.2.1 was reporting the wrong weight for one
of the fonts I was using ("URW Gothic L Demi Oblique"); when I dug into
it, I found that the problem was that the .pfb was declaring its weight
as "Demi", and fontconfig expected "Demibold".  So I modified
fcfreetype.c to recognize "Demi" as a synonym for "Demibold".  It's a
one-liner; the patch is attached.

I don't actually know whether "Demi" is a legitimate PostScript weight,
but the URW fonts seem to be common enough that it's probably worth
supporting.

Legalese: I hereby renounce copyright on this patch, putting it into the
public domain.

John Stracke
François Thibault
Carolingia, East