[Fontconfig] distribute font with application

Peter Shinners peters at imageworks.com
Mon Jul 30 11:50:08 PDT 2007

How can an application add extra "font" directories at startup? Is there
an environment variable that allows adding directories to the fontconfig
search path?

We have a few .ttf files we would like to distribute internally with an
application. This is using Qt4 built with fontconfig support. Adding the
fonts to all user's or all system's font directories is not a good option.

These are systems running CentOS4, fontconfig version 2.2.3.