[Fontconfig] Problems with fc-arch

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Nov 18 09:35:13 PST 2009

On 11/18/2009 12:12 PM, Pat Suwalski wrote:
> Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>> #define FC_ARCHITECTURE (\
>> CHECK_ARCH("x86", 4,1,4,4) : \
>> CHECK_ARCH("x86-64", 8,1,4,8) : \
>> "unknown" )
>
> On a possibly-related sidenote (yey for thread hijacking!), I wonder if
> this macro is responsible for another minor issue:
>
> With the armel platform, I get cache files like the following:
>
> 089dead882dea3570ffc31a9898cfb69-mipsel.cache-2
>
> While it's really cool to see a real-world hash containing 0xDEAD, the
> architecture is marked as mipsel. In most situations this will not be a
> problem, but there does seem to be a bad assumption made somewhere.
>
> This is fontconfig-2.6.0, so things may have moved along.

Check fontconfig/fc-arch/fcarch.tmpl.h.  It just means that armel and mipsel
have the same signature (which is hardly surprising).  If you have a better
name for the platform, toss it NOW and I'll change it in 2.8 (since the cache
version is changed).  It's not a big deal.

And, you were not cross-compiling, right?

behdad