[Fontconfig] Problems with fc-arch

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Wed Nov 18 09:12:13 PST 2009

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> #define FC_ARCHITECTURE (\
> 	CHECK_ARCH("x86",    4,1,4,4) : \
> 	CHECK_ARCH("x86-64", 8,1,4,8) : \
> 	"unknown" )

On a possibly-related sidenote (yey for thread hijacking!), I wonder if
this macro is responsible for another minor issue:

With the armel platform, I get cache files like the following:

   089dead882dea3570ffc31a9898cfb69-mipsel.cache-2

While it's really cool to see a real-world hash containing 0xDEAD, the
architecture is marked as mipsel. In most situations this will not be a
problem, but there does seem to be a bad assumption made somewhere.

This is fontconfig-2.6.0, so things may have moved along.

--Pat