[Fontconfig] What metric does fontconfig use to select a font

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Mon Sep 5 02:47:51 PDT 2011

Hi,

> And what should I do to make sure one specific font will certainly be
> chosen
> when executing, say, 'fc-match sans'?

maybe something like the following example in ~/.fonts.conf could work:

  <match target="pattern">
    <edit mode="assign_replace" name="family">
      <string>Helvetica</string>
    </edit>
    <edit mode="assign_replace" name="foundry">
      <string>Adobe</string>
    </edit>
  </match>

But I'm not sure if this is a good idea, since the font you choose might
only be suitable for a limited range of character sets. Maybe that could
be sorted out by adding additional "lang" tests...

Raimund

--
R.Steger Tel. +49-179-2981632 icq 16845346