[Fontconfig] Fontconfig 2.10.0 mingw build broken

Damon Register dregister at clear.net
Sun Jul 22 18:50:58 PDT 2012

On 7/21/2012 12:41 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> your timestamps are messed up -- autotools should not be automatically
> regenerated.  any errors after this point are irrelevant.
You were right.  I wiped everything and started over.  I got to the fontconfig
and it now configures without trouble.  Thanks.

Now that I am past that point, I am running into a new problem.  make completes but
make install dies with a lot of messages like this:

cd /c/gtk3/etc/fonts/conf.d
rm -f 20-unhint-small-vera.conf; ln -s /c/gtk3/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/20-unhint-small-vera.conf .
ln: creating symbolic link `./20-unhint-small-vera.conf' to `/c/gtk3/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/20-unhint-small-vera.conf': No
such file or directory

Something doesn't make sense here.  /c/gtk3 is the prefix were all the built projects
get installed.  I would expect that the source of these conf files would be the source
where I am building which happens to be /d/gtki2/fontconfig-2.10.0.  If I search there,
I find all those conf files like the one in the above error message.

It appears this operation is coming from ./conf.d/Makefile target
install-data-local:
I know it is a hack but I tried changing templatedir to abs_srcdir under
that target.  The make install completes without error.  Of course I have
to wonder if everything is really ok or not.  Can anyone please tell me if I
am on the right track with this?

Damon Register