[Fontconfig] Fontconfig 2.10.0 mingw build broken

Akira TAGOH akira at tagoh.org
Sun Jul 22 19:47:38 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Damon Register <dregister at clear.net> wrote:
> cd /c/gtk3/etc/fonts/conf.d
> rm -f 20-unhint-small-vera.conf; ln -s
> /c/gtk3/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/20-unhint-small-vera.conf .
> ln: creating symbolic link `./20-unhint-small-vera.conf' to
> `/c/gtk3/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/20-unhint-small-vera.conf': No
> such file or directory

Hmm, what the version of ln command is it? that looks like it prevents
to install something with DESTDIR say. for the real install, we could
use install-data-hook instead of install-data-local though, it doesn't
help when using DESTDIR with that broken ln command.

> It appears this operation is coming from ./conf.d/Makefile target
> install-data-local:
> I know it is a hack but I tried changing templatedir to abs_srcdir under
> that target.  The make install completes without error.

It's wrong. installed symlinks shouldn't be referred to the source
directory. as I mentioned above, you can use install-data-hook instead
of install-data-local in your case. but you better use sane ln command
if any.

--
Akira TAGOH