[fprint] USB ID 04f3:0903 "Elan Microelectronics Corp."

Sebastien Bechet sebastien.bechet at osinix.com
Wed Nov 8 16:15:03 UTC 2017

> Are you observing USB traffic of the original driver? I think there
> should also be a calibration of a couple of 4023 followed by 0009 to
> read data and 4024 to save (names mine). Without it wait for finger
> (403f) doesn't work correctly.

Yes of the original driver as explain here:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fprint/2017-March/000875.html
(I think it was 20160516-Elan driver)

I have done four traces:

1. windows boot (000c*1, 0009*2, then 403f)

2. record a fingerprint
Windows driver do multiple cmd 9, then, 403f, then again with this
pattern (I have done one try, i think it can change, with record
quality) :

cmd9*1 then 403f
cmd9*7 then ..
cmd9*7 then ..