[fprint] USB ID 04f3:0903 "Elan Microelectronics Corp."

Igor Filatov ia.filatov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 16:33:56 UTC 2017

> 1. windows boot (000c*1, 0009*2, then 403f)

Those 009's could be the calibration. Could you send me your traces?
Also pls do one where you wait a few seconds after the led goes on
before putting the finger on the sensor.

> 2. record a fingerprint
> Windows driver do multiple cmd 9, then, 403f, then again with this
> pattern (I have done one try, i think it can change, with record
> quality) :

I noticed that when enrolling on win the device would keep scanning
the finger (4031, 403f, 0009, read, 4031... or just 0009, read, 0009,
read...) until you lift the finger, even after the enroll stage has
passed. The quality of raw images doesn't change so maybe the driver
does some stuff to improve them internally (or maybe it just
simplified their code...)