[Freedreno] freedreno port for SnapDragon 800 (DragonBoard APQ8074)

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 05:40:15 PST 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Anup Kini <akini at synapticon.com> wrote:

> Hi ALL,
>
> I am currently looking for alternatives to Ubuntu Touch for the DragonBoard APQ8074.
> Would it be possible to use the current freedreno repository to build a linux kernel for APQ8074.
>
> I have looked into the ports for ifc6410 & bStem board but they are based on SnapDragon S4 - APQ8064
>
> Kindly let me know if someone is already working on this, i would like to join the development process.
> Eagerly waiting for some comments/pointers on how i can proceed.

Hi Anup,

Check out the dragonboard-drm branch on my kernel tree:

https://github.com/freedreno/kernel-msm/commits/dragonboard-drm

I've also just uploaded the latest prebuilt kernel I have laying around to:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~robclark/f20/dragonboard-boot.img

The same userspace build will work on any of the devices.  I use same
fedora 20 filesystem on a hardrive which I just plug into whichever of
the boards (bstem, inforce, or apq8074 dragonboard) that I happen to
be using at the time.

fwiw, the biggest difference between apq8x74 and apq8064/8060a is the
display controller block (mdp5 vs mdp4).  I have not yet implemented
hw cursor or overlay/plane support for mdp5.  So you need to enable sw
cursor on the dragonboard by uncommenting a line in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-freedreno.conf

BR,
-R