[Freedreno] freedreno port for SnapDragon 800 (DragonBoard APQ8074)

Anup Kini akini at synapticon.com
Wed Jan 29 07:16:52 PST 2014

Hi Rob,

I was able to successfully boot Fedora image.
Still stuck with the HDMI out but able to access the board through terminal.
Will fix the display and deploy freedreno from the github wiki ifc6410 page.

Thanks a TON for the boot.img and guiding me about booting the DragonBoard.

On 29 January 2014 14:40, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Anup Kini <akini at synapticon.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi ALL,
> >
> > I am currently looking for alternatives to Ubuntu Touch for the
> DragonBoard APQ8074.
> > Would it be possible to use the current freedreno repository to build a
> linux kernel for APQ8074.
> >
> > I have looked into the ports for ifc6410 & bStem board but they are
> based on SnapDragon S4 - APQ8064
> >
> > Kindly let me know if someone is already working on this, i would like
> to join the development process.
> > Eagerly waiting for some comments/pointers on how i can proceed.
>
> Hi Anup,
>
> Check out the dragonboard-drm branch on my kernel tree:
>
> https://github.com/freedreno/kernel-msm/commits/dragonboard-drm
>
> I've also just uploaded the latest prebuilt kernel I have laying around to:
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~robclark/f20/dragonboard-boot.img
>
> The same userspace build will work on any of the devices.  I use same
> fedora 20 filesystem on a hardrive which I just plug into whichever of
> the boards (bstem, inforce, or apq8074 dragonboard) that I happen to
> be using at the time.
>
> fwiw, the biggest difference between apq8x74 and apq8064/8060a is the
> display controller block (mdp5 vs mdp4).  I have not yet implemented
> hw cursor or overlay/plane support for mdp5.  So you need to enable sw
> cursor on the dragonboard by uncommenting a line in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-freedreno.conf
>
> BR,
> -R
>

> > Thanks & Regards,
> > --
> >
> > Anup Kini
> > Systems Engineer
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> > Synapticon  |  Cyber-Physical System Solutions
> >
> > Mobile:
> >
> > Direct:
> >
> > +49 151 / 638 646 73
> >
> > +49 7335 / 186 999 21
> >
> > Fax:
> >
> > +49 7335 / 186 999 1
> >

> > synapticon.com  |  @synapticon_co
> >
> > Synapticon GmbH  |  Hohlbachweg 2  |  73344 Gruibingen, DE
> > Secretary +49 7335 / 186 999 0  |  General Manager: Nikolai Ensslen
> > Registry Court Ulm HRB 725114  |  USt-ID DE271647127
> >
> > This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> intended
> > solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
> addressed.
> > Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by
> > mistake and delete it from your system.

*Anup Kini*Systems Engineer

synapticon.com <http://www.synapticon.com/>  |
@synapticon_co<https://twitter.com/#!/synapticon_co>