[Freedreno] HP-TouchPad , touchscreen driver

vinay simha vinaysimha at inforcecomputing.com
Wed Nov 12 07:48:33 PST 2014

added the respective driver of himax controller(based on i2c), to link this
with x11 added the 69-himaxtouch.conf

root at linaro-gnome:~# more /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/69-himaxtouch.conf
Section "InputClass"
          Identifier  "himax-touchscreen"
          Driver      "evdev"
          #Driver      "himax8526a"
          Option      "Type" "finger"
          Option      "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
          Option      "ScreenNo" "0"
          Option      "MinimumXPosition" "0"
          Option      "MaximumXPosition" "480"
          Option      "MinimumYPosition" "0"
          Option      "MaximumYPosition" "864"
          Option      "Calibration" "0 480 0 864"
EndSection

When i touch the screen(cursor doesnt move accordigly) dmesg logs
pmic8xxx_pwrkey: Attempted to start touch without x/y (driver bug)

i do get responses to "cat /dev/input/event1"
cat /proc/bus/input/devices

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="himax-touchscreen"
P: Phys=
S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input1
U: Uniq=