[Freedreno] [GSoC-15] Enabling Freedreno on Android

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 16 12:00:58 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/03/15 17:48, Ilia Mirkin wrote:
>> I'm fairly ignorant about android stuff, but I think that while a lot
>> of pieces exist, no one has taken the effort to put it all together.
> Which pieces are you thinking about "putting together" ? Imho that alone
> might be a monumental task which far exceeds a single GSoC.

No clue. Whatever pieces are necessary to get me an android build on a
device (preferably with a display) using freedreno as its gles driver.
At the end of the day I want an image I can flash onto the device and
that's it. I believe that CM & co provide all of the pieces of this
experience except for the free drivers. However a different approach
towards this goal would be fine by me as well.

Otherwise the output of the GSoC would be too intangible and of much
less value. But again, I'm speaking without any serious knowledge of
android internals, so perhaps this is infeasible for one reason or
another.

  -ilia