[Fribidi-discuss] License question to the project owners

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at bamdad.org
Sun Jul 13 09:13:13 EST 2003

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Paulo Soares wrote:
> The Java reference code has a "Copyright IBM" but they don't elaborate any
> further over eventual restrictions. About supporting Unicode,
> BidiReference.java only deals with bidi types that can be found in
> UnicodeData.txt.
>
> I've already came up with a solution based in the reference code and a table
> from UnicodeData.txt to get the bidi types so, you can drop the MPL question
> and the need to get at each others throats. I'm sorry I asked.

I'm afraid you are misunderstanding things.  I am the current
maintainer of the library, and was reading around to handle your
problem.  In the meanwhile I was reading other friends comments
on the list, and I really liked the discussion.  Please don't
take it offensive, as I know each one of them, so I know that
they don't mean so.  By the way, about the IBM, I recommend you
to have a deeper look.  As a minimum, contact Asmum Freytag, the
one who wrote the code.  Better you send it to
unicode at unicode.org mailing list.

> Best Regards,
> Paulo Soares

Sincerely
--
Behdad Esfahbod		22 Tir 1382, 2003 Jul 13
http://behdad.org/	[Finger for Geek Code]

If you do a job too well, you'll get stuck with it.