Gstreamer on Froyo

s.rawat imsaurabhrawat at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:38:58 PST 2011

configure: error: no gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.32.1 (GStreamer) found
>      configure failed
>     make: *** [gst-plugins-base-configure] Error 1

*
*
*I came across this error and worked around it by changing a flag in the*
*make file or in the auto configuration file. I deleted the source code so I
*
*can't tell you exactly where to find it. It pretty obvious .. its a check*
*with _REQ in it (not sure though).*
*Its a work around not a solution.*
*Hope it helps.*

>> there is a configure script inside the --> <android code master code
base>/external/gstreamer_aggregate/gst-plugins-base

# Only expand once:
*GST_REQ=0.10.32.1*
*
*
this is where the  check is made and since I have installed the 0.10.28
version of gstreamer via synaptic manager(it shows this only the
latest-0.10.28)) or do we have make ad install the gstremaer package from
the downloaded one - /external/gstreamer_aggregate

But if I try to edit it as
GST_REQ=0.10.28.0
It gets overwritten again to same when i issue make *
gstreamer-aggregate-configure.*
Problem is still unsolved and I am getting this error

*configure: error: no gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.32.1 (GStreamer) found>
   configure failed>     make: *** [gst-plugins-base-configure] Error
1*

*
*

*btw when i looked into the gst-plugin-base folder and teh Release
notes it says that it is the 0.10.32 version and  I guess this I have
to install, but what about the  one i have already installed form the
synaptic manager(0.10.28)do i have to uninstall it.PLz suggest*

Rgds,
Saurabh

On Nov 8, 2011 7:14 PM, <gstreamer-android-request at lists.freedesktop.org>