gstreamer on Android not working

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Mar 23 12:30:24 UTC 2016

On Mi, 2016-03-23 at 17:48 +0530, Ananda Sagar M wrote:
> Thank you for your valuable input. I have configured $PATH,
> $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $PKG_CONFIG_PATH, $GST_PLUGIN_PATH on the target.
> Is there any way i can make sure gst-inspect-1.0 is in executable
> format or not, or does android executes only statically linked
> binaries ?

You have to get root permissions and store the executable in a place
that allows execution. Then use chmod to make it executable.

> In the other approach you have mentioned, we use the built in
> gstreamer libraries to generate a single .so file which we can use in
> in our android java application. But is there a way to build all the
> gstreamer related libraries, executables from source for android
> apart from the way i have been trying ? If so please shed some light
> in that direction, it would be of great help.

cerbero is used for building the GStreamer binaries provided by the
project. Check the README:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/

The binaries created by this contain ndk-build stuff for usage like in
the Android app I linked to in the previous mail. Which will create a
single, big shared library with everything to be used from the
application.