[gst-devel] feature request...

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at chello.be
Mon Oct 9 01:14:43 CEST 2000

Anthony Arcieri wrote:

> As nice as FlasK is at what it does, it really has one purpose:
> transcoding from DVDs.

Agreed. Although I would like to extend it with other input formats.

> The one thing I don't have under *IX that I would very much like is a
> general purpose transcoding utility.  The one I'd suggest you emulate is
> VirtualDub.  Gstreamer seems to have the framework in place to handle it.
>
> If you want to know specificly what I prefer in VirtualDub over FlasK I'd
> be happy to tell you.  It goes well beyond what formats are supported.

VDub is a more like a linear editor. Could you give a quick list of what you
think are very important features? I don't have any Windows PC's anymore so
I cannot try VDub.

Wim

> Tony Arcieri

One monk said to the other, "The fish has flopped out of the net! How will it
live?" The other said, "When you have gotten out of the net, I'll tell you."