[gst-devel] Fast Forward policy making

Arik Devens adevens at antioch-college.edu
Thu Dec 20 04:41:03 CET 2001

> Just to keep it in sync with the core, I'd change libgstplay to
> libs/gstplay, unless I read the core wrong.
> If we call the main gst header and dir gst/gst.h, it should be
> gstplay/gstplay.h for the player.  Also, here again, is there a good
> reason to put it
> in gstplay/ and not in gst/ ? I'm just not sure atm what headers are going
> to end up in gst/ .  If it's only one, then the use for the separate dir
> is limited.  So I just wanted to bring it up since I know you have more
> experience with this sort of thing.

i'm not sure i understand this, but what i seem to understand i don't
think i like. moving libgstplay from gstplay/src to gstplay/gstplay i
can handle but you want gstplay/libs/gstplay/ or you want libgstplay
under gst/?

moving things to dirs is a good idea if it makes things more
clear. there is nothing in your proposal that makes sense to me when
applied to gstplay, noone is going to be confused about what libs they
need for gstplay and the build system doesn't use gst's configure.ac
at all right now anyway cause i'm in my own module.

basically i'm gonna need alot better understanding of all this before
any change to gstplay happens :-)

thanks,
arik