[gst-devel] error compiling gstbin.c

Olaf Stetzer stetzer at itu.fzk.de
Thu Jan 18 11:33:17 CET 2001

 Hello,

I was happily impressed when I saw the announcement of gstreamer on
the gnome website. As I am using debina and debina packages of
gstreamer seem to be not available yet I got the tarball to compile
it myself. First I had to replace gnome-xml/parser.h with
libxml/parser.h
but this seems to be a known bug already. Then I ran into the following
prblem when did make (after ./configure):

gstbin.c: In function 'gst_bin_restore_thyself':
gstbin.c:469: structure has no member named 'childs'
gstbin.c:477: structure has no member named 'childs'

I am running debian with the newsest packages (updating nearly every
day!).
Can you help me with this problem?

thanks,

Olaf Stetzer

--   Olaf Stetzer  --  EC/JRC/Institute for Transuranium Elements   --
--   PGP-key ID:       1937B13D            (key on public servers)  --
--      "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny."  Frank Zappa      --