[gst-devel] README-files in plugins/*

Simon Per Soren Kagedal simon at cs.uoregon.edu
Mon Jun 11 03:59:14 CEST 2001

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 09:03:41PM +0200, Christian Schaller wrote:
> hi,
> A late reply is better than no reply they say. I would suggest that when
> we create documentation we do so with the standard defined Open Source
> Metadata Framework(OMF). This format has been selected as a common
> standard between GNOME, KDE, FreeBSD and LDP. More information can be
> found on the Scrollkeeper homepage.
> http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/

OMF is not about how to create documentation, it is about meta data
for cataloguing documents for help systems...  And looking at the
standard, it doesn't seem to me that it is aimed at programming
reference documentation...  :/ (like, indexing function names and such
- I want to have a standard framework for things like getting help
about a function name, type etc. in any source code editor)

Best format for the actual docs is probably XML DocBook.

Simon.